02 January 2012

the weapon

A friend of mine is currently between housing situations and staying in my guest room.

While I was procuring the wireless code for him, he said, "Uh, why is there a knife next to the wireless router?"

"I don't know," I said. It was a paring knife. "I assume M. was using it to open a box or something."

"I assumed it was to stab someone," he said.

He handed me the knife and I went off with it, not to put it away, which would be the logical thing to do, but to put away a few pieces of clothing of the chaos that is my return from the Mitten. When I picked up the knife again, I ran my thumb over the blade and cut myself.

"I just cut myself with that knife," I called to A., and he said, "I should have just taken care of the weapon myself, shouldn't I?"

"Yes," I said. "Probably you should have."

No comments: