08 January 2012

dot com

In K0h1s, there was a woman about my age who was in a hurry and wanted to order something online, but not at the in-store kiosk because, she said, she didn't have time.

"So how do I order something online?" she asked the employee.

"You just go to k0h1s dot com," the employee said, "and search for it."

"I'm sure I'll be fine once I'm there," the woman said, "but how do I get there?"

"You just type in k0h1s dot com," the employee said.

"I don't understand," the woman said. "Could you write it down for me?"

"It's just k0h1s dot com," the employee said.

"But could you write it down for me?" the woman asked, again.

There followed the sort of circular talking-past-one-another that makes up brilliant comedy.

At length, the employee wrote down k0h1s dot com on a piece of paper, and the woman went home to do her internet shopping.

By that time, the kiosk would have been faster. And it had free shipping.

No comments: