16 January 2012

broken bits

I bought the coolest case ever for Webster. It is this one, and it looks like a book. I once left Webster in a very public place for half a hour, and he was still sitting there patiently when I got back, looking innocuously booklike.

Unfortunately, his case seems to have broken. The little bamboo pieces that hold him in place have cracked, and he is in danger of falling out. I've been ignoring the problem for over a week.

I finally emailed the company yesterday. I got an immediate response asking me to send photos of the damage.

It took me over a week to email the company in the first place. Who wants to take bets on how long it takes me to get around to sending them photos?

This is why I do well traveling the world: I would frequently rather just make do, despite the inconvenience, than actually get someone to fix the problem.

No comments: