18 December 2011

virus/food/sleep

I just spent the evening fighting with a virus on my computer, because nothing says relaxing evening like downloading malware removal software.

Fortunately, I have Webster, my friendly iPad. Most of the time, he is an indulgence. I don't actually need an additional computer-type device, and I'm developing an obscenely 2011 habit of watching Fringe on my computer (downloaded) while playing Scrabble or playing on the internet on Webster.

Today, however, he was supremely useful, because I could read about how to fix my computer while my computer was not functioning. Mere hours later, both computer-type devices are working again, although I am suitably chastised for my prior refusal to pay for anti-virus software.

...

M. and I were worried about having enough food to feed the people we had invited to our party and so we kept buying more and more yesterday, in two trips to the grocery store. As a result, we have enough left-over food to feed a small army. An army the size of a soccer team, maybe, if they were really hungry. A large family, at least.

There are two unopened containers of hummus in the fridge, and I have three jars of cookie butter. It's disturbing, actually, that there is so much food in our house that will probably go to waste, since neither of us intends to host anything else any time soon. I think I'm going to have to bring it all to the ravenous hordes at work.

You know how workplaces are. Food just disappears.

...

I am experiencing that Sunday night moment when you wish you had gotten up earlier in the morning because it's past bedtime now, and you are not remotely tired.


No comments: