03 December 2011

nothing doing

This girl tried to cut me off in traffic today in Gone West and I didn't let her, so she flipped me off and I laughed at her.

That pretty much sums up my day.

Between the Cultural Event and a very early morning start on the drive to Gone West, I was operating yesterday on less sleep than I would have guessed I could possibly tolerate, particularly with a long drive and meetings. I felt sick with tiredness a couple of times, but I just ate more food to try to assuage my stomach pain. (Somewhat effective, right up to the point where all the junk you've been eating makes you feel sick.)

Eight hours last night did not catch me up, but I still managed to keep my place in line in the crazy holiday shopping in Gone West (it's all about the elbows) and finally get those decorations for my office.

I love the days when pretty much nothing can get me down: not realizing that I can't buy those clothes from the clearance rack because I forgot the coupon, not the hypoglycemia of wandering around too long before lunch, not the driving back to Universe City through two hours of fog in the dark on the highway, not even the girl who flipped me off.

No comments: