25 December 2011

Christmas, day 1

Today is the beginning of Christmas. I know that it is supposed to be the beginning and the end, but we don't play that way. We stretch out our celebration as long as feasibly possible. And since my sister just arrived in the Mitten on Thursday and I on Saturday, we have a long way to go.

My blond-haired sister is pretty.

She forced me to say that, on pain of death or dismemberment or denial of access to those almond cinnamon rolls she has planned for tomorrow morning. Or something.

But she is also pretty.

We determined that today was our Christmas Eve. We baked. We frosted cookies (I won't even get into details about how we ended up putting two chocolate chips on the chest of a gingerbread woman - there are no adults here).

In the morning, the kiddos will show up for our annual Christmas breakfast, and we'll go to a party, and it will be the real first day of Christmas.

Although we did get a good start today on eating ourselves sick. So there is that.

No comments: