24 November 2011

forget about it

After I broke the thermometer, I sighed to myself, blogged, and went into my bedroom to put on clothes reasonably appropriate for entering a grocery store (i.e. not my pajamas).

While I was standing aimlessly in my bedroom trying to decide what civilization-appropriate clothing I should put on, I glanced at my watch, realizing that I might be cutting the time a bit short.

Then I realized something very freeing: I do not have to make beer cheese bread.

I had forgotten that holidays are not made by perfection, but I remembered it in time. Instead of going to the store, I made hot chocolate, I put on music, and I made the two things I had the equipment for: sweet potato biscuits and a honey pecan tart.

And then I went off to Thanksgiving dinner. There was plenty of scrumptious food and plenty of excellent company.

Nobody missed the beer cheese bread. Not even me.

No comments: