09 June 2011

distracting

One of the instructors accidentally elbowed me in the nose today in fighting class. It hurt. It hurt quite a lot, actually, and it took a few minutes before I was sure that I was going to be able to keep the involuntary tears to the few that collected in my eyes.

I am having one of those weeks of being overwhelmed. My reaction to being overwhelmed generally goes like this: Panic. Spend some time trying to breathe and focus. Realize that it's not working and give up on the overwhelming stuff and get some extra sleep. Come back and be super extra productive for a while. Panic. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

The good news is that I can sleep even when I am overwhelmed. It is, in fact, the best way to forget the overwhelmedness. The other good news is that I have been super extra productive, even though there is that much more to be done. The final good news is that it's almost the weekend.

I can see the sunset from my living room, and it's distractingly beautiful.

No comments: