08 March 2011

attempt

I think I'm going to give up chocolate for Lent. Never in my life have I given up anything for Lent, but I seem to have become far too dependent on chocolate. It's the first thing I reach for when I get home, like a security blanket.

It all started with mochi. Specifically, it started with the chocolate version of this mochi. That stuff is massively addicting. It's the brownie chunks. I cannot resist them. It's gotten to the point where I do not feel like my meal is complete until I have a mochi. This is a problem.

So I'm going to give this a try. We'll see how it goes.

When I was in South Sudan, my colleague from Central Asia was fasting for Ramadan when I was passing out chocolate and gave her a piece without thinking. She, also without thinking, took it and ate it. She told me later that accidental eating or drinking doesn't count. You don't have to fast for another day later if you don't realize that you are eating until after it's done.

That's my basic plan for chocolate: attempt to avoid, shrug and move on if I fail.

1 comment:

Monday's Child said...

what´s happening in belize?