16 February 2011

bored

There is possibly nothing more boring in the world than a blog that becomes an exercise blog (except possibly blogging about blogging, which I am now doing). I myself have been known to unsubscribe from blogs that are suddenly all about the person's exercise regime and how skinny and fit said person is becoming. No normal human being, sitting slothfully on their couch as normal human beings do, wants to read about some insane person whose new idea of fun is running marathons or showing off their six-pack abs. (Also: no one should have six-pack abs. It's not right.)

Except, uh, I can't really think of anything else to write about. Life is so boring when you have a car and a job. Going to the store is no longer an adventure, because there are no people to jump out in front of you (and if they did, there would be a much bigger story, like, "Woman Strikes, Kills Man With Car." Not good.) There are no little interactions with the woman collecting cans or the firemen sitting in the garage of the station. There are no shared human moments on the bus. You just get in your car and go, and then you come home.

This is what has always bothered me about living in this country: the sheer tedium. I do not mean that life is more interesting in other countries because oooh, exotic. That is not it at all. What I mean is that most parts of the world involve more interaction with other people than we get here in suburbia, and people are interesting.

Meanwhile, all I do is drive to work, drive to fighting class/kung fu, and drive home.

I'm getting bored here. Other than work, which I can't really talk about and I make a deliberate practice of forgetting as soon as I walk out the door, things are really very dull in Universe City.

The good news is that this blog post has veered away from discussion of exercise.

Now I can save that for another day when I can't think of anything to say.

No comments: