30 September 2010

ouch

Since I put the milk crate on my bike, I cannot swing my leg over the back anymore (I have a boy bike, with the high bar), and I have developed a bad habit of swinging my leg over the front, so both legs are on one side while I'm still moving. Every time I do it, I think, this is a mistake, but I do it anyway, because it's so convenient to just jump off. Literally.

Tonight, as I pulled into my driveway, I did exactly the same, and I wobbled, somehow, to the right and then over-corrected to the left and then back right, and my foot wasn't all the way over yet, and the bike and I went crashing in to the potted plants. It hurt. Badly. I scraped all the skin off the lower part of my shin, and my other foot is already a big bump.

The good news is that I did not destroy one of my landlady's precious plants. Just myself.

No comments: