08 June 2010

swearwords!

When I was little, in Liberia, ships dumped oil off the coast, or spilled it. There was usually a line of black gunk at the high tide line, and every time we went to the beach, we played in the waves and dug in the sand, and then we sat in the car with our feet sticking out so our parents could wash our tarry feet with kerosene.

I've been thinking of that as I see pictures of the Gulf Coast. Looking at pictures of the gooey brown water and the suffocating animals makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Then it makes me furious.

[Warning: swearing upcoming. I am too mad to do otherwise.]

Have you seen the charts of BP's violations of safety violations? If not, you can see them here: Center for Public Integrity. We should all be raging. We should be up in arms. This oil spill is going to affect the oceans of the entire world. How can it just go on and on?

I cannot believe that BP is doing everything they can to fix it. I just can't. Because they are doing nothing. If you ask me, it is time for the US government to step in and fix that shit. Someone knows how to fix it. Someone can get it done. Take the well away from that irresponsible company and fix it.

BP? Clearly isn't going to bother.

F&#$ers.

No comments: