14 January 2010

life is really dull right now, in a good way

Normally I'm all, "Get vaccines! Get every vaccine they will give you!" but when it came to H1N1 I started thinking maybe I should just hold off and get sick and develop some antibodies. Then I got a cold in Cambodia and another cold in Ye Little Town in the Middle of Nowhere, Northwest, and I changed my mind. What was I thinking? I may have 80 hours of sick leave saved up, but I have no desire to actually be, you know, sick in order to use them. Those suckers can happily go to waste. I had enough of that feeling crappy nonsense this week. And isn't the point of vaccines to force your body to make antibodies? I will have the antibodies either way. So I called and my doctor's office is deigning to give them out to grownups who are not immuno-compromised or (how to say this in a nice way...) old, and so I'm going to get one.

A few months ago, right about the time when the entire world was all aflutter about this H1N1 thing, I had the misfortune of being forced to listen to someone tell me all about how the US government was using the vaccine as an opportunity to poison all of us so they could decimate the population of the country and start over. I am not one to argue with the conspiracy theorists. I don't really do anything about it, either, though. It doesn't much matter to me if they are true. After all, short of taking over the world myself, what can I really do? (Although in this case, I can't see the point of the conspiracy. I mean, why? What sense does it make? I much prefer the conspiracy theories that explain something.)

It is now 9:18 pm. This week, that makes it bedtime. I have not managed to stay up past ten at all this week. Blessed, blessed sleep.

No comments: