23 December 2009

impossible

I have to leave for the airport in 101 minutes. I hope I don't leave my apartment in too appalling a condition, but given that I am sitting on the couch writing a blog post, things don't look too good.

My brain is having trouble accepting the fact that I worked today and now I'm going to get on a plane without sleeping between work and plane. I keep looking over at my bed and thinking of how nice it will be to crawl into it and sleep. Except that I won't get to do that for 8 nights. And tonight is going to be just 5 hours long on two different planes. I am not sure why I thought this would be a good idea, except that I have already taken so much time off work for Vietnam and Michigan and just, you know, wanting to take a day off work, that I couldn't afford to take any more time off and I wanted to spend as much time with my family as possible. Right now, it feels totally impossible. How can I get on a train to the airport instead of going to bed?

No comments: