03 September 2009

sleeeeeep

When I woke up this morning, I had a sinking feeling that I remember well from college, the feeling that I will never again get a full night of sleep. And so far, that seems to be holding true. I will not get a full night of sleep tonight, and for the next three nights I'll be camping. Camping = hard ground = not a good night of sleep, however you try.

It's worth it, though. I need camping right now. I need the sound of a stream instead of the sound of cars, and a view of a mountainside instead of a view of a building.

I own no camping gear whatsoever. I am fortunate to have friends with a full supply of camping equipment; I just show up. I show up and curl up in a 0 degree sleeping bag in 50 degree weather. I find it perfect. I have no idea what kind of serious sleeping bag I would require to sleep in actual cold weather when I use a cold weather bag in the middle of the summer. Perhaps for winter camping I would have to invest in an Arctic expedition-type sleeping bag. Er, not that so far I have invested in any sleeping bag. A sleeping bag is the sort of thing that I've wanted to own since the cool kids owned them in college and have never ever gotten around to buying. I just borrow, and borrow, and borrow again.

So, I'm off. Again. I am a traveling maniac.

No comments: