28 September 2009

i feel old

Standing up is a delicate task right now. It requires forethought, and very careful movement. My legs don't really work on their own at the moment, you see, not in the standing-up phase of changing positions. They need assistance from the arms, which also hurt. So that's not going so well. It's better just to stay still. Except then I get all stiff, as if I have arthritis.

I am still riding my bike to work, which hurts when you have just climbed a mountain for which you were not at all in shape. I am determined to ride it as long as the weather allows, meaning as long as the weather is sunny because I cannot afford the requisite rain gear to ride it in the winter. I mean, I suppose, that I will not prioritize the rain gear. But seriously. A pair of waterproof cycling gloves is $60? In what world is this okay? And I'll still be wet and cold when I get to work, and wet and cold means miserable. Also, wet and cold means not very professional-looking. So I'm still riding my bike as long as I can look out the window in the morning and see clear sky. The day I see rain, I'm taking the train.

No comments: