07 July 2009

ce n'est pas francais

Every week when I come back from Spanish class I think, "Oh, I'm going to listen to the BBC in Spanish! And buy a Spanish English dictionary! And, and... study up on Spanish!"

Doesn't happen.

My Spanish instincts are kicking in again, though. Today I came up with "fui" and "parece." Who knew those words were still in my brain?

On the downside, I did say, "que viven en una casa, pas un apartamento" at one point, utterly confusing the entire class. Pas does not exist in Spanish, it turns out. Funny that. You just have to use no, just like English. Too bad the just use no part of my brain has now been turned off in languages other than English. I also said something about a vache. That went over well. VACA. I MEANT VACA. Sh-yeah.

1 comment:

Monday's Child said...

that made me laugh out LOUD!!!