10 June 2009

ticket

I've been waiting all day for updates on my parents' exact location. They are driving from Michigan out to Gone West, and they did not detail their itinerary with sufficient specificity to satisfy me. So when they called at 3 pm, I sighed with relief. At last, I thought, at last they are going to use a cell phone for the purpose it was intended and update me on where they are.

But no. They were only calling for my legal advice.

People. I do not do traffic tickets.

Well, okay, I don't actually practice as a lawyer either. But I do know a bit about the laws of New State. Just not, you know, traffic laws, except what was covered in the booklet I studied to take the test for my New State driving license.

My advice was the same advice I've always given, the same advice I gave before I was a lawyer: go find the people with the power to handle it, and explain the situation in such a way that that person can best show his/her power by helping you.

Hey, it saved them $192.

And only delayed them by, er, two hours.

No comments: