03 November 2008

[3] one more day

The rain and cold are setting in. The air last night, in the dark, had the bite of fall. The leaves are plastered flat against the sidewalk.

I'm nervous about the election. I pour over maps on the internet, willing more states to turn blue, even though what is blue already is probably enough.

It gets dark at 5:00 p.m., now, and I keep thinking maybe I should buy one of those full-spectrum lights, although I think an Obama victory tomorrow could carry me through many dark evenings.

I'm arranging a steady stream of activities to keep me from chewing my own fingers to nubs tomorrow night. Free Ben & Jerry's after work. More people to meet later.

"They'll call it by 9 p.m.," my mom tells me, as I rant on and on nervously.

"Eastern time?"

"Yes, Eastern time."

I can make it until 6 my time, right? Maybe?

I dropped my ballot in the box today, bubbled in and sealed and signed.

No comments: