27 September 2008

cheese. yum.

I just ate a delicious grilled cheese sandwich and this is what I have to say about it: I do not eat enough grilled cheese. I know, cheese is full of fat and we are sad for the poor cowies who are kept in unpleasant conditions and milked even though their udders are infected but still. Cheese. Yum.

I am about to go camping. I like camping. The only problem is that I despise being cold, and camping at the end of September somewhere in the northerly part of this country is inevitably going to involve being cold. The first intended location involved a pool and also a creek, both of which were going to be cold. I was not planning to immerse myself in cold mountain water in late September. Even in August the temperature of the mountain streams and lakes is the only part I dislike about hiking here. When my sister and I were hiking in August, I kept saying, "If this were Africa, that waterfall would be WARM, and we'd be SWIMMING in it." As it is, one can only look, unless one likes numb limbs. I don't.

But there was/is a forest fire. So the new location involves hot springs. Did I mention that the water is warm? I am so there.

The other good news is that the sleeping bag which has been borrowed for my use is 1. for tall people, and 2. a cold-weather bag, good down to -15 degrees. I probably will still be cold, because I am always cold, but that ups my chances of comfort. I will need a sleeping bag designed for Antarctic expeditions if I'm ever to hike in the actual winter.

No comments: