07 June 2008

words, words, and more words

I feel like I'm on day two of my weekend already, because day one was punctuated by a long and luxurious three hour nap. Hm, nap. I actually deliberately got out of bed at a reasonable hour with the promise to myself of a long nap later, after a Very Exciting Civic Event that was taking place right in front of my apartment building. Unfortunately, I ate a frosted and sprinkled donut and a frosted and sprinkled cookie in affiliation with the Very Exciting Civic Event and the fact that my stomach is no longer 15 years old revealed itself in a rather unpleasant overstuffed feeling. So then I HAD to take that nap.

Now I am leaving for the beach. Beach! Beach! Too bad it's cold still and the beach will be more of a test of one's will to live in the freezing than an enjoyable beach-like experience. Still, I'm escaping normal life and getting to see some more of Gone West, so I am excited. It's so nice to have a real weekend. Many lawyers do not, and I suspect that when I get a real live permanent job that pays real live permanent money, I will not either. I shall relish them now.

No comments: