05 May 2008

beddy bye

It is 8:04 p.m. Do you know where your children are?

They still run that thing on the 10 p.m. news. Have you noticed? (The news is at TEN p.m. out here instead of ELEVEN. How weird is that?)

I know where I am, and that is about to head to bed. I thought I had escaped the flu that was going around but no, I just got it after everyone else and have spent the week feeling sick in approximately every part of one's body that can be sick: stomach, joints, throat, head. It's fun, I assure you. Fun!

Yesterday I made the mistake of thinking I felt okay (thank you, copious amounts of ibuprofen) and played wiffle ball in the yard at my friend's parents house. I rocked the wiffle ball, thank you very much. It was sunny and beautiful and I was wearing my lapa wrap-skirt that my mom and I made from African cloth last summer and I was barefoot in the beautiful green grass and airplanes flew over and how could I not play? And then the ibuprofen wore off and the fever and throat pain came rushing back and I went to bed at 8 p.m., like I'm about to do again.

It's been a really long time since I went to bed before it was dark. It's oddly satisfying.

1 comment:

Monday's Child said...

being sick sucks sooo much... I HATE it... of course everyone hates it but I'm sure I hate it more... and plus I always feel so lonely.. I guess it's the african/iranien in me that needs to have all manner of friends and relatives sitting round my bed and sympathising with me (possibly feeding me grapes) and saying how sorry they are I am sick and husha now and etc. Inevitably it's just me... muttering husha now to myself and wishing my mummy was there....

um sorry I seem to have gone off on a rant that in no way helps you... anyway "sorry ya and husha now... I hope you get better" Meanwhile I was very interested in the lapa wrap skirt... any pics?

take care and feel better soon...