12 April 2008

I have had this conversation too many times.

Scene: karaoke bar, 2:15 a.m. Someone is singing a horribly sappy song about love and heartbreak and I turn around to stare at the screen to catch the true horror of the words. When I look back, my friend is singing along mockingly.

"Do you KNOW this song?" I ask.

"Of course. Everyone knows this song."

"Not me. I don't know this song." I say.

"How can you NOT KNOW this song?"

"Well," I ask, "is it from the 80s?"

"Of course."

"I missed the 80s."

2 comments:

Monday's Child said...

hahahahahaha.... many times my friend... many times...

hey... I'm in Atlanta... desperately looked for 3rd Culture kids in Barnes and Nobles to no avail... will try Border tomorrow as I have plenty of time to kill before flight...

Anonymous said...

hmmm... you'd think you might have caught up a little bit on your 80's music when riding the city buses of Honduras....