20 February 2008

distractions

This is probably only funny if you are currently in the middle of studying, oh, I don't know, criminal procedure, which is what covers such gems as stops and arrests and searches, and when the police need a warrant and when they don't (warning: this song contains obscenities, for those of you to whom this matters):


The year's '94 and my trunk is raw
In my rear view mirror is the m*&$-f&^%$' law
I got two choices y'all pull over the car or (hmmm)
Bounce on the double put the pedal to the floor
Now I ain't tryin' to see no highway chase with Jay.
Plus i got a few dollars i can fight the case
So I...pull over to the side of the road
I heard "Son do you know why I'm stoppin' you for?"
Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hat's real low?
Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know
Am I under arrest or should I gas em up?
"Well you was doin fifty-five in a fifty-fo' "
"License and registration and step out of the car"
"Are you carryin' a weapon on you I know a lot of you are"
I ain't steppin out of sh-t all my paper's legit
"Well, do you mind if I look round the car a little bit?"
Well my glove compartment is locked so are the trunk in the back
And I know my rights so you gon' need a warrant for that
"Aren't you sharp as a tack, you some type of lawyer or something'?
Or somebody important or somethin'?"
Nah, I ain't pass the bar but i know a little bit
Enough that you won't illegally search my sh-t
"We'll see how smart you are when the K9 come"
(Jay-Z; 99 Problems)

Unfortunately, I find it so amusing that it distracts me from studying criminal procedure. Guess I'd better get back to that...

No comments: