24 March 2007

samedi

I am drinking a Cafe Aloha, which is espresso with steamed coconut and regular milk. It doesn't taste particularly like coconut, but it is extremely creamy and tasty. It is also made with organic coffee that was ground in preparation for this very cup of coffee and tapped down with a little tapper and then turned into my big round cup of Cafe Aloha. Yum.

The following events have just occurred:
  1. I found an outline that I wrote last semester for a paper that I have been avoiding writing this semester purely because I had a mental block about writing the outline (not the paper itself).
  2. I got up for a minute and when I sat back down, I put on my headphones but didn't realize until five minutes later that I hadn't turned the music back on. I was just listening to silent headphones.
I need to apply for more jobs. I have this strange paranoia that if I apply for a job with an organization now and don't get it I will never be able to apply with them again. But this simply isn't true, right? In five years I will have a whole additional set of skills and experiences and an organization that rejects me flat-out in 2007 might be chasing me down in 2012, right? So I must tell myself, or I will never apply for any jobs for fear of ruining my chances forever. I hate applying for jobs. But it will be great to have one. Someday.

No comments: