15 March 2007

apparently one does not grow out of clumsiness

What I meant to do was pick up the chair and put one last staple into the fabric I had just covered it with. What I did was pick the chair halfway up and then drop it directly onto my big and second toes on my right foot. And then jump around shouting at the top of my lungs, likely waking the entire building.

One day later, I got to do something I never imagined was possible. I held a needle in the flame on my parents' stove and then burned a hole in my toenail, because the throbbing, the throbbing. That tiny little pinprick hole bled for 32 hours, 32 constant hours. My nailbed is no longer black with blood but is returning to its normal pink. I almost dare hope that I won't lose my second toenail ever.

I limp, though. Slowly. It's a sight.

In other news, there is no damage to the nerve in my right arm. Probably just an inflamation. Prescription: the ever-lovely ibuprofen and ice. Oh, and rest (hahahahaha - law school).

Current song obsession:

It's a long way home
When all you're left to carry is a heart of stone
And the weight of most the world

I have learned a little bit about a heavy load
All that gleams and glitters is not worth its weight in gold

And I want to
Lay it down a little
Lay it down a lot
I don't want to hold it anymore
Lay it down in pieces
Lay it down in whole
Everything I've carried on my own
Lay it down
Lay it down

(nn, of course, as always. What can I say? She gets it.)

Believe it or not, the doctor who checked out my nerve conduction this morning said I seem much happier than most lawyers he knows. And he treats a lot of them. So happy not to have succumbed to corporate.

No comments: