15 October 2006

screaming and dancing about at 3 a.m.

I went to bed late last night, after watching a movie at a friend's place, and then I woke up at 3 a.m. because I heard scritching and scratching and squeaking from under my bed. I turned on the light and saw the gray blob race further under. So I did the natural thing: I stood in the middle of my bed and I called my sister in a panic (happily she is in college and was therefore still awake) and made her google whether mice can climb. Which they can. They can climb WALLS. What kind of horrible beast can climb up walls? I don't need superhero mice. I want to be able to kill them.

My sister was not nice and made fun of me for being afraid of the mouse and finally I slept with my lights on so that the mouse would not be tempted to come out. But I could still hear it every now and then. Yick. Yick.

When I got up this morning, I moved all of the stuff that was under the bed out into the living room, which was possible only because my roommate moved out yesterday, unfortunately apparently leaving the key with her friend, who came in at about 2:30 a.m., just before the mouse incident, with a guy, causing me to nearly call the police because no one was supposed to be there, and who was taking an abnormally long shower, with the guy, while I was screaming about mice. And then when she got out of the shower she accidently opened my door instead of the other one, where I was lying with the light on because of the mouse, so that was a pain. But I don't think she gets to complain if I fill the living room with my stuff, because it isn't her apartment.

I went to Ace Hardware today and bought traps. The kind that keep the mouse inside so you don't have to get near it. Yick. Yick.

No comments: