13 May 2006

i get this way sometimes

I am within reach of finishing my development take home exam, I'm well into the studying of the corporations (although the big picture is oddly absent - I think we didn't ever get one), and the diversity class shouldn't be that hard. Oh, and constitutional law is finished. I've finished 5 of 14 credit hours (more than 1/3). If I can get this essay done, I could be 8 of 14 down by bedtime tonight. That's 57%. By 48 hours from now, I will be 79% done.

I still catch myself thinking, "Maybe I should drop this semester." Clearly I am mad.

My mind is all blocked up. It's the last little bit of this essay that just will not happen. It refuses.

I feel a bit like Gollum in the Lord of the Rings, when he wrings his hands thinking of Mordor. Except that mine hurt right now. It's a tiny tad distracting.

Perhaps shall do the stretches with them and then refocus on the development essay.

---------------------------

Addition:

So I did that, lovely wrist stretching, and then got up to go to the bathroom, taking my computer, cell phone, and ipod so they wouldn't be at risk of being stolen.

I dropped the phone in the toilet.

I stared in horror at it gurgling bubbles in the bottom of the toilet for a minute and then grabbed it out and began to perform artificial resuscitation on it. No word yet on whether or not it will make it. Most of it seems to be okay, although the battery area was a bit wet and the screen has some drops of water inside it. It stayed on throughout the toilet episode, but I turned it off and turned it upside down to shake the water out of the holes I saw it gurgling into. Now I'm scared to try turning it back on. I just started using this phone LAST WEEK. Its run has been less than two weeks.

I wish I still had my Rwanda phone. I did things like this to that one all the time and it survived. I could take it apart and wash the inside and put it back together. Stupid high-tech US phones that you can't disassemble.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this semester a minus 3. I never did find my keys, either. How is one supposed to concentrate?

No comments: