- coconut tea. i try to drink other teas just for variety, but my heart is always with the coconut.
- kitty cats (Birka and Julius).
- a warm january with sunshine.
- new khakis. those who have known my previous khakis may find them remarkably similar, but the store that rhymes with snap decided to make different cuts - thus eliminating the "the waist on these is too small and the hips too big" problem i always have. plus they had longs IN THE STORE, for which they own my everlasting gratitude (until the next time that they fail to have them). so now i have khakis that are long enough. i'm in love.
- swimming pools.
- my classes. this week ONLY. for some reason, my classes have all been fantastic this week. in corporations, we read the punctilio case. in cultural diversity, we got into a heated discussion about protecting culture. in con law, we argued about subsidies and environmental protections.
- these two little boys.
- the business day and metro sections of the nytimes, in hard copy. for some reason those are my favorites.
- dateable men.
- finally starting to be able to sleep on my back with the arm braces on. (i was sleep deprived for a while because it was so hard to fall asleep or stay asleep on my back.)
03 February 2006
a few of my favorite things
These are my simple pleasures as of today, not my big-picture favorite things. Listed at random: