21 November 2005

details, details

Oddly, the best thing for my sore throat turned physical addiction to ibuprofen for the headache reducing and throat soothing properties is actually these mint candies that I picked up at the front desk at Arthemon's hotel when I was helping him lug his numerous shopping bags of speakers, iPods, clothes, shoes, books, cds, and skype headsets from my place where they had been stored as the most convenient location to the shopping areas I am familiar with to his place where he can pack them all for his flight out. The front desk guy described them thus: "There are some really funky cherry mint ones and those pink ones are weird mint-tasting. I've never even tried the orange ones. Too strange. The mostly white ones with red stripes are good." But I like the pink ones. They work better than cough drops on my throat. I have no idea why. I'm running out of them, though. I could only steal so many.

Also, I can't sleep lying down because my head fills instantaneously with... stuff and I can't breathe. When I sit up it feels oddly empty and dry. In a dizzy sort of way.

Yes, I know that the details of my cold are boring. It's just that it's been a long time since I've posted anything here and this cold fills my head. Literally and figuratively.

No comments: