02 November 2005

baby boy

So I said that I'm babysitting like mad for the money. And I do need the money. But I also love the kids. B I don't see quite as much on Wednesday because I take him straight to school. But after I drop him off, I have an hour with J and we go to the park so he can play on the slide if it's nice like today or to Starbucks so he can color with my pens on a piece of lined paper if it's cold. At school, while we wait for his class, he practices the stairs and every week he's better at them. Last week he needed two hands holding on to the railing or my hand or the next step and this week he did it with only one.

J wants his mommy or his daddy a lot. The first time I babysat for them, last year, he cried nearly the entire time, pulling at the door. Now he tears up for a minute and then is okay. He likes me enough, I think. But today he beamed when he saw me at the door to pick him up from school and upstairs, while B was checking his pocket for his Jimmy Neutron so that we could leave, J came over to where I was sitting on a little kid chair and held out his arms. I thought he wanted a hug, so I gave him one, but he held them out still, higher. I picked him up and put him in my lap, facing me, and he pulled my hair around and tried to stuff it into my mouth, laughing. I laughed, too, and then set him down to run off to B.

I could use a few of my own little people, if I ever find a man who takes my breath away.

No comments: