18 October 2005

tired

I'm tired and tired and tired. I don't even know how to say this enough times or in a way that really conveys how tired I am. There is this theory that has been passed on from my ancestors to me through my mom about how every hour of sleep before midnight counts twice. I wonder: what if you don't get to sleep until 3 am three nights in a row? I think years start detracting from your life.

I'm either getting sick (along with everyone else on campus) or I just worked myself into being sick, because, well, I'm getting sick. Or I'm just so tired that my throat feels like sandpaper and has for three days but I've been ignoring it in favor of finishing the world's most horrible paper on superior responsibility in international criminal law which has been the bane of my existence for weeks.

I wish tomorrow was empty, but it isn't. I have so much to do, still.

For now I'm going home to my lavender eye pillow and my mattress pads on the floor, since I have no bed and apparently never will because I have no time to get one. Or money to get one.

No comments: