27 September 2005

new places

It's amazing how much of a difference two bookshelves and a desk can make. Before the bookshelves and desk, my room looked like a big storage locker in which people had been throwing things around and digging through boxes and then walking away and leaving everything. Which is pretty much what it was, because that's what I'd been doing. There were five suitcases, at least eight boxes, and random bags that I had filled with things coming out of the suitcases and boxes while looking for other things.

But now I have two bookshelves (full) and a desk and a chair and a paper lamp that I bought at a garage sale. (I have another paper lamp but I can't find it - must harass anyone who might know where it is.) There are still some unpacked boxes, but nothing like what it was before. I can sit in my room and read or check email.

Now I would be perfectly happy with it, if it weren't so far away from school that I'm never actually in my nice new room.

No comments: