31 July 2005

missing you

i never miss things from the US, but i miss people and i miss places.

it's always hard to leave. it's hard to leave the US - impossible to end that last phone call with my parents when i'm on the plane about to take off. it's hard to leave Rwanda. it's hard to leave Africa. i don't even want to think about another leaving in a few weeks, but it is lurking back there in my mind. i push it away but it never completely leaves.

at least i have an apartment to go to. a little bit of a home for a few months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Marie! I miss you! I know we only get to see eachother once or twice a year, but there are many times when I think, man, it sure is fun hanging out with Marie- I wish I could see her again soon!

I hope every day you are there is full of life, and the same to every day after you return.