30 May 2005

off to tanzania!

My flight leaves at... actually, I don't know when my flight leaves. I have to go pay for my ticket to Kilamanjaro and then I'll know the time. Probably should get on that.

It took me forever to get a room for tonight in Arusha. The work people didn't get back to me... the phone number in the Lonely Planet didn't work... finally I googled the hotel and got a number (one digit different than the Lonely Planet number) which actually worked. So I have no idea how I'm getting from the airport to the hotel, but I have a place to sleep once I get there. And there is another intern flying in an hour after me, so I think I'm going to wait for her and we'll make our way together. Maybe the work people actually scheduled a pickup for her and I can hitch a ride.

Good thing I've done this all before. I can't imagine how scary it would be if I hadn't done the same "all I know is where I'm going but not how I'm getting there" in Nairobi and Entebbe and Mombasa and Kigali before.

No comments: