10 August 2008

tea and sympathy

There is something every so comforting about tea. Coffee is tasty but, I'm sorry, not comforting like tea. You never find yourself thinking, "What I need right now is to sit down in a corner with a nice cup of coffee to cradle in my hands and then I will feel better." At least, I don't. When I need comfort, I turn to tea.

Good thing I found the tea shop.

On the bus on the way home, feeling slightly carsick because some annoying person had taken the ideal front-facing seat on the passenger side, I remembered how, back when I worked with kiddos in MI, we the staff had a team-building exercise once in a park. The boss asked a series of questions intended to help the college-aged group of us "get to know ourselves" and one of the questions was, "Where do you sit on a bus?" I always, if I have a choice, sit in the front on the opposite side from the driver, because it is the ideal place to look forward and therefore not become carsick. According to this personality test, however, sitting in this spot means you are self-centered because you don't want anyone blocking your view. "Hey!" I said, "I sit there, and it doesn't mean I'm self-centered!" [Okay, maybe a little.] "I get sick sitting anywhere else!" Fact is, I am still kind of annoyed by this little self-knowledge quiz of six years ago.

No comments: