25 April 2008

evening ramble

I am sitting around feeling all accomplished of a Friday evening, because this week I managed to do two long-dreaded things: call my student loan company (hate, hate) and change some things on my mobile phone plan. Except I don't think we call them mo-bile phones here. Do we? The rest of the world does. Anyway. My cell phone plan. I now have the correct address in there, the correct credit card number in there, and a text messaging plan that saves me a frighteningly large amount of money. I have never been a big texter, until this month, when I started working all day long in an office, which makes it hard to answer my phone. Now I text all the time, because this is how you communicate in 3.2 seconds while running up the stairs in heels. While simultaneously eating lunch. No time for calling, so vital information must be passed as quickly as possible. I've been intending to get a texting plan for a week or two, but didn't get around to it until today, by which time I had rung up a total of 301 text messages since the 10th. At twenty cents each, that is... $60. Seriously impressive wastage of money. Good thing they retroactivated it, or I would have cried when I got the bill. Really, truly. I am not pulling in an extra $60 a month (no! that was half a month!) for texting these days.

So, um...

um...

The weather is nice!

Yes, I am that boring these days.

Oh, funny story. Sadly, to get funny stories I have to harken back to my traveling days of March, although I was reminded of it by the fact that my sister was just telling me about how people steal things from hotels. She works at a hotel.

I was on a plane from London to Rome to Addis Ababa and the guy sitting across the aisle from me was 1. clearly Ethiopian (language, etc.), and 2. clearly crazy. He demonstrated point two by praying loudly and nonsensically and by variously proclaiming to the flight attendant and me (despite my headphones and not looking at him) that he 1. is Portuguese because he loves Mozambique, 2. loves Ethiopian Airlines, and 3. STEALS A BLANKET FROM THE PLANE EVERY TIME HE FLIES ON ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES. Does it seem smart to tell a flight attendant on Ethiopian Airlines that, essentially, you have stolen and probably plan to steal numerous blankets? Does it?

Now I shall go find something fun to do.

No comments: