24 July 2007

moving on, moving on

Well, I have been struggling nobly along to say something interesting about my time here in Michigan. It's a nice place, after all, and should not be penalized for the fact that things here go right far too much of the time, rendering it slightly boring. We make our own fun, right? I read some quote while searching through my basement-of-doom that said something like, "We all make our own fun. That's the definition of fun. If you didn't make it, it's just entertainment." (I don't know who said that and have plagiarized it most blatantly. Um. It was in Real Simple once. That's all I know. Does that count as a citation?)

But, confirmed (verbally) today, this spot is about to get way more interesting. Or, let's put it this way: the interesting is about to get way easier to find.

Even with a verbal confirmation, I'm a little nervous about just throwing it out there. It's East Africa, is all I'm saying. Also, it's short-term, so I can find out if I like this whole new country that I have never been to before.

And I might have to leave in less than a week. Whew.

No comments: